Riding your motorcycle is an excellent way to explore the area around Oro Valley, AZ. In order to legally operate on Arizona roads, all drivers are required to have a valid insurance policy. What exactly does your motorcycle insurance cover? What are some of the things for which you may need additional protections? Here’s what you can expect from your insurance policy from Old Pueblo Insurance.
Every insurance contract is different. However, these coverages are included in most policies.
- Bodily injury liability. This portion of your policy provides funds to those who suffer injury from an accident for which you are deemed to be at fault. Payments are used for medical bills, therapies, and burial services.
- Property damage liability. If your vehicle damages the property of another person, this part of your policy pays for repairs and replacements. It is important to note that this coverage may not extend to damages you cause to your own property.
- Guest passenger liability. This coverage extends your policy to protect those who are riding with you at the time of an accident. Like the required liability portion of your contract, this coverage pays for loss of property and injury-related costs.
There are some things that may not be covered by your insurance policy. Talk to the agents at Old Pueblo Insurance for guidance on how to protect yourself from these threats.
- Competitions. If you race for a living or as an amateur hobbyist, your motorcycle insurance may not cover any damages you sustain during those events.
- Commercial use. Delivery drivers and others who use their motorcycle for business purposes should pursue a commercial policy for maximum protection.
- Other drivers. Each driver should have their own insurance credentials. Never allow someone without the proper paperwork to operate your cycle.
Old Pueblo Insurance provides motorcycle insurance coverage for residents in the Oro Valley, AZ area. Contact us to start customizing your coverage today.