Umbrella insurance is that investment that protects you when your typical insurance coverages run out. Your home, boat, and auto insurance coverages are superb, but they can only do so much when faced with significant liability claims. Luckily, if you have umbrella insurance from Old Pueblo Insurance in Oro Valley, AZ, you can have peace of mind even when your conventional liability coverages are exhausted.
Who needs umbrella insurance?
Is umbrella insurance for everyone like health insurance? Do I really need umbrella insurance? If you are asking one of these questions, keep reading to establish whether you are a candidate for umbrella insurance.
There is a popular misconception that umbrella insurance is only for the rich and famous. The truth is that you need umbrella insurance as long as you earn a livelihood. Because everyone is at risk of being sued in America, you need to invest in umbrella insurance if you have assets or income to protect.
However, some people are at high risk of being sued than others. So, if you belong in the below categories, you need umbrella insurance ASAP. You need umbrella insurance if you:
- Participate in high-risk hobbies like archery and skiing that can cause injuries to others
- Chair a charitable organization
- Own a dangerous pet that can cause injuries to other people
- Own a rental house
- Own a home with a swimming pool or trampoline
- Have a business
- Own a significant amount of assets (a high net worth individual)
- Have a strong opinion in the online space
- Own a gun
- Coach kid’s or youth sports
Would you like to boost the strength of your insurance coverage in Oro Valley, AZ? If yes, please get in touch with Old Pueblo Insurance for an affordable umbrella insurance policy.